Mike Wuerthele wrote an article at AppleInsider about a KGI Securities research note regarding the iPhone X titled:
“If iPhone X demand is less than expected, analyst expects it to be ‘end of life’ when replacements ship”
The “internet” then decided that this meant the iPhone X would be cancelled due to weak sales.
My advice is to read Wuerthele’s article from bottom to top for a better understanding of what KGI Securities analyst Ming Chi Kuo is actually saying.
Here is my summary:
- Analyst expects trio of iPhone models in 2018 with possible launch of iPhone X Plus.
- Current iPhone X is unlikely to be retained in line-up once replaced.
- Notch may be affecting impact in China.
- Shipments of 18 million iPhone Xs expected in Q1.
- No comment on holiday sales.
- Analyst expects 10% iPhone growth in 2018.
- Firm remains positive on the Apple and the iPhone supply chain.
Don’t believe the clickbait.